Popular Posts

Monday, February 27, 2012

Homeschool Ruts

Just like any other Homeschool Family, we have found this month a month to pull out some extra curricular actives. A little more hands on activities normally helps to get the children ready to sit down and learn some more.

I can remember when my children were Homeschooled. Every year I would think I was the only parent that felt like the year was dragging on. Sometimes I would find myself doubting if I was cut out for Homeschooling my children. This was the way I felt until my first year of going to our Homeschool Parents group. It was at one of the monthly meetings that someone spoke up and said exactly what I was feeling. Within minutes other mothers began to join in. I was amazed that I was not alone.

From that moment on I decided to do some extra curricular activities. My daughters and my daughter inlaws are continuing forward with using some of the same activities. Yet, they seem to have a little bit better plans because they built on from my ideas.

Hands on projects are great to get the children moving. They are learning and do not even know that they are schooling. Building bird houses to set outside to see if we can attract some birds to put nest inside. We also are building and repairing the area for our chickens. Yes, it is that time of the year. Time to start planning our garden for the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment